11/25/12

 Brooklyn, NY Fall '12    If you don't have much going on and you decide to come over to my house and stand with your face pressed against the kitchen window, and then look up every 3- 4 minutes, this is what you'll see: a satellite dish, a wire and an airplane approaching the runway at LaGuardia airport. I actually spent about an hour standing there looking up and waiting for planes to come by so I could take pictures of them. This was on a slow day. I know it's LaGuardia because I've been on a lot of those planes. I like looking down and seeing my building. Come over, you can check it out. This is my little gift to you. Can you pick up a coffee for me on the way? Cream. No sugar, just some cream. And an almond croissant.
 New York, January '12
Havana, December '11  Here is a prostitute who wouldn't take "no" for an answer... she kept trying to get me to go "drink rum" with her. Then, she offered to "hold" my camera for me, which was thoughtful of her but I explained it really wasn't that heavy and besides, I was kind of using it... but, when I started photographing her, we totally bonded and had a nice time. This is why I like to take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment