9/10/11

 Randolph, VT. ? '10    I like these horses.
 Randolph, VT. Sept. '11  I'm only partially ashamed to admit that, as a young person, I had a running feud with the family that lived in this house. I had a feud with the family- not an individual family member but the entire household. They were called the Andersons. They hated me and I hated them. I don't remember why. The house was at the foot of the hill I lived on, so I had to walk past it twice a day. Once, I pushed one of the Anderson kids to the ground. I don't remember why, probably because I was in a feud with his family. A few days later I was walking home and I saw the Andersons all gathered in the yard, staring and grinning in my direction. Then I saw the biggest Anderson boy- much bigger than me- a giant, really- crossing the street, coming at me like a baseball player in a home- run trot. He pushed me down in the ditch and the Anderson family cheered. Man, that was weird.
 Sao Paulo, Brazil Aug. '11

No comments:

Post a Comment